(Difference between revisions)
(→Notes: new varsity requirements)
|Line 23:||Line 23:|
#In a Varsity Scout team, serving as '''Team Historian''' can apply towards positions of responsibility requirements for [[Star]] and [[Life]]
#In a Varsity Scout team, serving as '''Team Historian''' can apply towards positions of responsibility requirements for [[Star]] and [[Life]][[Eagle]].
|Serving as Historian can apply towards Positions of Responsibility requirements for Star, Life, and Eagle.|
- Gathers pictures and facts about troop/team activities and keeps them in a historical file or scrapbook.
- Takes care of troop/team trophies, ribbons, and souvenirs of troop/team activities.
- Keeps information about former members of the troop/team.
- Sets a good example.
- Enthusiastically and correctly wears the Scout uniform (all four parts).
- Lives by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Shows Scout spirit.
- In a Varsity Scout team, serving as Team Historian can apply towards positions of responsibility requirements for Star and Life; effective January 1, 2010 team historian can apply towards positions of responsibility requirements for Eagle.
The Historian is the youth historian leader in its unit. Other youth historian leaders are:
|Boy Scout portal|
- Ranks requiring a Positions of Responsibility
- Star Rank #5 "While a First Class Scout, serve actively 4 months in one or more of the following positions..."
- Life Rank #5 "While a Star Scout, serve actively 6 months in one or more of the positions of responsibility..."
- Eagle Scout Rank #4 "While a Life Scout, serve actively for a period of 6 months in one or more of the following positions of responsibility..." (reduced list)
- See also: National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) - a fun, six-day outdoor learning course.
|Varsity Scout portal|
- 36 BSA Monthly Troop Programs with Troop Meeting Plans (free & online), Printed: Vol I - Vol II - Vol III - Resources
- Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops (ILST) - Troop Meeting Planner - Campfire Planner - Resource Survey - Troop Committee Challenge
- Senior Patrol Leaders Handbook - Patrol Leaders Handbook - Scoutmaster Handbook - BSA Nameplates