Do five of these:
- 1. Collect five geologic specimens that have important uses.
- 2. Rocks and minerals are used in metals, glass, jewelry, road-building products, and fertilizer. Give examples of minerals used in these products.
- 3. Make a scale of mineral hardness for objects found at home. Show how to use the scale by finding the relative hardness of three samples.
- 4. List some of the geologic materials used in building your home.
- 5. Make a drawing that shows the cause of a volcano, a geyser, or an earthquake.
- 6. Explain one way in which mountains are formed.
- 7. Describe what a fossil is. How is it used to tell how old a formation is? Find two examples of fossils in your area.
- 8. Take a field trip to a geological site, geological laboratory, or rock show. Discuss what you learned at your next Webelos den meeting.
- 9. While you are a Webelos Scout, earn the Cub Scout Academics belt loop for Geology.
| A FREE workbook for Geologist is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
Help with these requirements