and cross-references for related Cub Scout belt loops & pins and Cub Scout awards.
Geologist is a popular Resident Camp Pin. -
| This is the Geologist Activity Badge for Webelos Scouts.|
Webelos & Cub Scouts can earn the Cub Scout Geology Belt Loop & Pin.
Boy Scouts can earn the Geology Merit Badge.
|The Webelos Geologist activity badge helps prepare Webelos Scouts for the Boy Scout Geology merit badge(s).|
|The Webelos Geologist activity badge options include earning the Geology belt loop.|
The Webelos Geologist Activity Badge is one of 20 different Activity Badges that can be earned in the Webelos Scout Program. The requirements are typically worked on during den meetings or den activities while the skills are practiced at home, with the help of the Webelos Scout's family. The requirements are either completed with the den or at home with the den leader's approval. Projects are brought to meetings to share with the den and for Webelos Den Leader or Activity Badge Counselor approval.
|Do five of these:
| A FREE workbook for Geologist is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- The Webelos Program uses the Fast Tracks Den Meeting plans to offer all 20 Webelos Activity Badges in as little as 12 months.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
1. Resources that can be extracted or mined - Iron Refining - Oil Refining - Diamonds - Gold - Coal
2. Common Minerals and Their Uses - Minerals.Net Mineral Resources - WebMineral.Com -
3. Scale of mineral hardness
4. Geologic materials used in building.
5. Wikipedia Diagrams: Volcano - Geyser - Earthquake
6. Formation of Mountains: Encarta Encyclopedia - Wikipedia
7. What is a Fossil? - Fossil Facts - USGS Fossils - How Fossils are Formed - Chart of geological eras of fossils - Fossil
9. Cub Scout Academics belt loop for Geology
- General Resources
- CubRoundtable: Geologist 17 page reference guide-201KB)
- KISMIF: Geologist Links
- Bill Smith's Webelos Leader Resources: Geologist
- Webelos Roundtable Packet: Geologist
- American Geological Institute
- The Geological Society of America
- U.S. Geological Survey
- Boy Scout Merit Badges: Animal Science - Archaeology - Astronomy - Architecture - Chemistry - Composite Materials - Computers - Electricity - Electronics - Energy - Environmental Science - Geology - Nuclear Science - Radio - Space Exploration - Weather
- Webelos Activity Badge: Engineer - Geologist - Scientist
- Cub Scout Belt Loops & Pins: Astronomy - Geography - Geology - Science - Weather
|Webelos Den Leader portal|