First Aid (Ranger Award elective)
- Requirement 1. First aid kit
- a. Build a personal first aid kit or help build a group first aid kit.
- b. Know how to use everything in the kit.
- c. Teach another person in your crew, another crew, a Cub or Boy Scout group, or other how to make and use a personal or group first aid kit.
Do 2, 3, or 4.
- Requirement 2. Complete a 25 hour emergency first aid course.
- Requirement 3. Complete a 45-hour emergency response course.
- Requirement 4. Complete an EMT Basic course offered through a local hospital, college, or first aid crew.
Source: 1999 (2006 printing) Venturer Handbook (33494C)
Requirement 1 also satisfies the Lifesaver (Ranger Award elective) requirement 2b.
Requirement 2, 3, or 4 is satisfied by the Ranger first aid core requirement, the Venturing Silver Award requirement 3a or 3b, the Religious and Community Life Bronze Award requirement 9, and partial Quest Award requirement 2.