|Energy merit badge|
|BSA Advancement ID:||045|
|Latest pamphlet revision:||2005|
| A FREE workbook for Energy is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- Per the BSA: "You should read the merit badge pamphlet on the subject." Pamphlets (books) are at local Scout Shops and online at ScoutStuff.org.
- "Get a signed Merit Badge application from your Scoutmaster." An online, printable Word doc file version is available.
- This badge is one of the merit badges required to earn one of the William T. Hornaday Awards for Boy Scouts.
- 1: Energy Conservation and Efficiency - Energy Conservation - Top 5 Green Myths - Energy Conservation Myths
- 2: Classroom Energy! Energy: The Quick Tour
- 2a: How Stuff Works: Toasters - Greenhouses - Light Bulbs - Bow Drill - Nuclear Reactors
- 2b: A BSA Crystal Radio Kit or BSA AM/FM Radio Kit converts radio energy to electrical energy and then electrical energy to sound energy.
- A BSA Door Alarm Kit converts mechanical energy to electrical energy and then electrical energy to sound energy.
- Fans covert electrical energy to mechanical energy and then mechanical energy to wind energy.
- Speakers convert electrical energy to sound. Microphones convert sound energy to electricity.
- Light Bulbs & LCD's convert electricity to light. Solar Cells convert light to electricity.
- Fans covert electical energy to mechanical energy and then mechanical energy to wind energy.
- - Wind Turbines convert wind energy to mechanical energy and then mechanical energy to electrical energy.
- Also see: Toasters - Microwave Ovens - Refrigerators - Batteries
- 4: The Sample Home Energy Audit is in the Energy Workbook.
- 5: The Future of Energy
- 6: The Future of Energy
- 7: The Future of Energy
- 8: Careers in Energy
- Boy Scout Merit Badges: Animal Science - Archaeology - Astronomy - Architecture - Chemistry - Composite Materials - Computers - Electricity - Electronics - Energy - Environmental Science - Geology - Nuclear Science - Radio - Space Exploration - Weather
- Webelos Activity Badge: Engineer - Geologist - Scientist
- Cub Scout Belt Loops & Pins: Astronomy - Geography - Geology - Science - Weather
Merit Badge information
- An Introduction to Merit Badges – how to get started, who chooses the counselor, etc.
- Merit Badge Worksheets & Requirements – with the revision dates, diagrams, charts, checklists, logs, and links you need.
- Merit Badge Application – offers online resources to let you print "Blue Cards," etc.
- Merit Badge FAQ – answers dozens of questions like: Who can be a counselor? Can requirements be added or removed?
- Merit Badges Requiring Prior Approval – Certain requirements need prior approval. Most do not. Here is the list.
- Also see: Most Popular Merit Badges – Merit Badge Policies – Eagle-Required Merit Badges – Merit Badge Days
- Additionally: List of Merit Badges by Field of Study – Merit Badge Pamphlets & Libraries
- Merit Badge Counselors must complete Youth Protection Training, file an Adult Application (and Merit Badge Counselor Information Form); and be approved by the local council. (See the Guide for Merit Badge Counselors for additional details.)