|Line 12:||Line 12:|
|field= Public Service
|field= Public Service
Revision as of 12:00, February 5, 2013
| This is the Emergency Preparedness merit badge for Boy Scouts, Varsity Scouts, and Venturers.|
Webelos Scouts can earn the Readyman activity badge.
Scouts and Scouters at all levels can earn the Emergency Preparedness Award.
| Emergency Preparedness merit badge is an option for the Eagle Scout rank.|
Scouts can choose to earn Lifesaving instead.
|Emergency Preparedness requires prior counselor approval for requirement(s) #8b, 9a.|
|Emergency Preparedness merit badge|
|BSA Advancement ID:||006|
|Latest pamphlet revision:||2012|
|“||Scouts are often called upon to help because they know first aid and they know about the discipline and planning needed to react to an emergency situation. Earning this merit badge helps a Scout to be prepared by learning the actions that can be helpful and needed before, during, and after an emergency.||”|
Emergency Preparedness merit badge is an option for the National Outdoor Badge for Adventure.
Emergency Preparedness merit badge requirements
- Emergency Preparedness merit badge is on the Eagle Scout required list (requirement 3.g.). It is one choice of a group of two merit badges (or Lifesaving) on the list.
- The BSA Emergency Preparedness Troop Program Feature offers meeting and activity plans to include Emergency Preparedness as one of your monthly themes.
- Emergency Preparedness is a popular summer camp merit badge.
The Troop Emergency Preparedness Monthly Theme includes meeting and activity materials.
1-9 American Red Cross - "After a Disaster" Series of Publications - FEMA
1. First Aid Merit Badge - First Aid Kit
2. Natural Disaster Program for Families - "After a Disaster" Series of Publications - American Red Cross - Disaster Safety - NFPA Natural Disasters Link
2b. The chart is in the Emergency Preparedness Worksheet.
2d. Swimming Merit Badge
4. SARBC - Survival: Signalling for Help
8. Emergency Preparedness Kit - NFPA Emergency Preparedness Kits
8a. Here is a sample copy of a Troop Mobilization Plan.
9a. The BSA Safety Checklist you need is in the Emergency Preparedness Worksheet
9b. The graph paper you need is in the Emergency Preparedness Worksheet
9c. A blank accident prevention program is in the Emergency Preparedness Worksheet.
|Emergency Preparedness-related awards
|General Merit Badge information
- Be Lightning Wise!
- Lightning Survival
- Surviving out in the Desert Southwest
- Stop Disasters! A disaster simulation game from the UN/ISDR
- FEMA Independent Study List — If you have an older Scout working on this badge, FEMA self-study units can be converted to college credits. The courses from FEMA are free; there is a small charge to convert them to college credits.