Den Chief Service Award
- 1. Serve the pack faithfully for 1 full year.
- 2. Attend a den chief training (if available within year of service) OR be trained by the assistant Cubmaster and den leader.
- 3. Know the purposes of Cub Scouting.
- 4. Help Cub Scouts achieve the purposes of Cub Scouting.
- 5. Be the activities assistant in den meetings.
- 6. Set a good example by attitude and uniforming.
- 7. Be a friend to the boys in the den.
- 8. Take part in weekly meetings.
- 9. Assist the den at the monthly pack program.
- 10. Know the importance of the monthly theme.
- 11. Meet as needed with the adult members of the den, pack or troop.
- 12. Complete FOUR of these projects:
- a. Serve as a staff member of a Cub Scout special event, such as a Scouting show, bicycle rodeo, etc.
- b. Serve as a staff member of a Cub Scout Day camp or resident camp.
- c. Advance one Boy Scout rank.
- d. Assist in recruiting three new Cub Scouts.
- e. Assist three Webelos Scouts to join a troop.
- f. Help to plan and carry out a joint pack-troop activity.
- g. Recommend to your Scoutmaster another Boy Scout to be a den chief.
- h. Assist three Cub Scouts to become Webelos Scouts.
| The official source for the requirements shown in this article is: |
Den Chief Handbook — BSA Supply No. 33211B
Requirement 12h (above) appears in the current Den Chief Handbook but not in Boy Scout Requirements 2007 or on the BSA Den Chief Service Award webpage.