The Den Chief Service Award is awarded to a Boy Scout who has served as a Den Chief and completed the requirements listed below. Den Chiefs who earn the award may wear the Service Award in addition to the standard den chief cord of their office, and may continue to wear it for as long as they are a youth Scout.
| Den Chief Service Award
Den Chief Service Award cord
|| The Den Chief Service Award requirements were revised effective January 1, 2009.
Den Chief Service Award requirements
(Before you begin work on this service award, discuss with your Den Leader and either your Scoutmaster, Varsity Coach, Venturing Adviser, or Cubmaster the role and importance of the Den Chief.)
- 1. Serve the pack faithfully for 1 full year.
- 2. Attend a den chief training (if available within year of service) OR be trained by the assistant Cubmaster and den leader.
- 3. Know the purposes of Cub Scouting.
- 4. Help Cub Scouts achieve the purposes of Cub Scouting.
- 5. Be the activities assistant in den meetings. (lead five songs, five stunts or skits, five games, five sports activities)
- 6. Set a good example by attitude and uniforming. (for a minimum of six months)
- 7. Be a friend to the boys in the den.
- 8. Take part in weekly meetings. (for a minimum of six months)
- 9. Assist the den at the monthly pack program. (at least three times)
- 10. Meet as needed with the adult members of the den, pack or troop.
- 11. Complete FOUR of these projects:
- a. Serve as a staff member of a Cub Scout special event, such as a Scouting show, bicycle rodeo, etc.
- b. Serve as a staff member of a Cub Scout Day camp or resident camp.
- c. Advance one Boy Scout rank.
- d. Assist in recruiting three new Cub Scouts.
- e. Assist three Webelos Scouts to join a troop.
- f. Help to plan and carry out a joint pack-troop activity.
- g. Recommend to your Scoutmaster another Boy Scout to be a den chief.
- h. Assist three Cub Scouts to become Webelos Scouts.
- See Den Chief Handbook, No. 33211B for detailed requirements.
- The requirement information in (italics) above is from the detailed requirements in the Den Chief Handbook, No. 33211B.
|| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Den Chief Handbook, 2015 Edition (BSA Supply No. 33216 - SKU# 620714)
The text of these requirements is locked and can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.
MeritBadge.Org is your online Scouting University with everything from Getting Started to Bridging:
- Nameplates - Official BSA Name plates for your uniforms.
See the Cub Scout Leader Resources for the Pack Organization Chart and much more.