A Den is a small group of a Cub Scouts in a Cub Scout Pack, ideally six to eight boys in size. Upon joining Cub Scouting, a boy is assigned to a den, which are commonly based on grade: Tiger Cub (first-graders), Wolf (second-graders), Bear (third-graders), or Webelos (fourth- and fifth-graders). Dens usually meet weekly.
Each Den should have the following key leaders:
- Tiger Cub Den Leader, Cub Scout Den Leader, or Webelos Den Leader
- Assistant Cub Scout Den Leader or Assistant Webelos Den Leader
- Den Chief - a Boy Scout who assists a Cub Scout Den Leader or a Webelos Den Leader.
- Denner - a Cub Scout or Webelos Scout who is elected to be the temporary youth leader of his den or patrol.
- Cub Scout Pack Organization Chart