Cycling/Mountain Biking (Ranger Award elective)
- Requirement 1. Hunter education and enforcement
- a. Successfully complete a hunter education course offered by your state wildlife/conservation agency.
- b. Learn and explain the requirements to become a volunteer hunter education instructor in your state.
- c. Explain how to report a wildlife-related violation to the appropriate law enforcement agency.
- Requirement 2. Do (a), (b), or (c).
- a. Successfully complete a bowhunter education course offered by your state or the National Bowhunter Education Foundation.
- b. Successfully complete a National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association Rifle Basic course.
- c. Participate in a National Rifle Association-International Hunter Education Association Youth Hunter Education Challenge event sponsored by your state.
- Requirement 3. Do (a), (b), or (c).
- a. Assist a certified hunter education instructor with a hunter education course.
- b. Either plan or assist in putting on a National Hunting and Fishing Day program.
- c. Talk with a game warden/ conservation officer about his/her job. If possible, observe/assist at a game check station in your state.
- Requirement 4. Plan and carry out a hunting trip approved by an Advisor.
- Requirement 5. Make a tabletop display or presentation on what you have learned for your crew, another crew, a Cub or Boy Scout group, or another youth group.
Source: 1999 (2006 printing) Venturer Handbook (33494C)