| Cub Scouter Award
Cub Scouter Award Knot
|Level:||registered adult Cub Scouters|
Recognition awards are available to Cub Scout leaders who complete training, tenure, and performance requirements. These awards are presented by the local council. All of the awards require the completion of Fast Start Training, Basic Leader Training for the position, Youth Protection training, and participation in roundtables or a pow wow or University of Scouting. Some require additional supplemental training. One or two years of registered service in the appropriate position is a requirement for each award, and tenure used for one award may not be used for another.
Initially there was a neck ribbon, but the ribbons were phased out in 2001.
Cub Scouter Award medal
Cub Scouter Award requirements
- Complete two years as a registered adult leader in a Cub Scout pack.
Do five of the following:
- Help plan a pack program that results in advancement in rank by a minimum of 50 percent of pack members each year.
- Serve as an adult leader related to a pack that earns the national Quality Unit Award.
- Serve as leader of a Blue and Gold banquet, pinewood derby, space derby, raingutter regatta, field day, picnic, or other Cub Scout activity.
- Give leadership to a promotional effort that results in at least 60 percent of pack families subscribing to Boys' Life magazine.
- Develop or update a Tiger Cub or Cub Scout den activity book listing local places to go, things to do, costs, distances, etc., for the five Tiger Cub achievements or at least 12 Cub Scout themes.
- Give leadership to planning and conducting a pack service project.
- Organize participation of a pack in the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program.
- Help conduct two annual pack Friends of Scouting campaigns.
- Serve as a leader for members of your pack attending a Cub Scout day camp or resident camp.
- Serve one year as pack trainer, during which time 75 percent of registered pack leaders complete Basic Leader Training for their positions.
The text of these requirements may be locked. In that case, they can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.