Cub Scout Wildlife Conservation
| Wildlife Conservation|
Belt Loop and Pin
Wildlife Conservation Academics Belt Loop
| Please help improve this article or section by expanding it.|
Further information might be found on the talk page.
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- 1. Explain what natural resources are and why it's important to protect and conserve them.
- 2. Make a poster that shows and explains the food chain. Describe to your den what happens if the food chain becomes broken or damaged.
- 3. Learn about an endangered species. Make a report to your den that includes a picture, how the species came to be endangered, and what is being done to save it.
Academic Pin Requirements
Earn the Wildlife Conservation belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- 1. Visit a wildlife sanctuary, nature center, or fish hatchery.
- 2. Collect and read five newspaper or magazine articles that discuss conservation of wildlife and report to your family or den what you learn.
- 3. Learn about five animals that use camouflage to protect themselves.
- 4. Make a birdbath and keep a record for one week of the different birds that visit it.
- 5. Make a collage of animals that are in the same class: fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds, or mammals.
- 6. Make a plaster cast of an animal track. Show it to your den.
- 7. Visit with a person who works in wildlife conservation, such as a park ranger, biologist, range manager, geologist, horticulturist, zookeeper, fishery technician, or conservation officer.
- 8. Visit a state park or national park.
- 9. Participate in an environmental service project that helps maintain habitat for wildlife, such as cleaning up an area or planting trees.
- Earning the Cub Scout Wildlife Conservation Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout is requirement 13 of the Webelos Naturalist Activity Badge.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
Related achievements, electives, or other awards
- Tiger Cub Scout
- Wolf Cub Scout
- Bear Cub Scout
- Webelos Scout
- Webelos Naturalist Activity Badge requirement 13
- Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program