Cub Scout Weather
(Difference between revisions)
(→Related achievements, electives, or other awards)
Revision as of 09:13, March 19, 2008
Belt Loop and Pin
Weather Academics Belt Loop
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- 1. Make a poster that shows and explains the water cycle.
- 2. Set up a simple weather station to record rainfall, temperature, air pressure, or evaporation for one week.
- 3. Watch the weather forecast on a local television station.
Academics Pin Requirements
Earn the Weather belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- 1. Define the following terms: weather, humidity, precipitation, temperature, and wind.
- 2. Explain how clouds are made. Describe the different kinds of clouds-stratus, cumulus, cumulonimbus, and cirrus-and what kind of weather can be associated with these cloud types.
- 3. Describe the climate in your state. Compare its climate with that in another state.
- 4. Describe a potentially dangerous weather condition in your community. Discuss safety precautions and procedures for dealing with this condition.
- 5. Define what is meant by acid rain. Explain the greenhouse effect.
- 6. Talk to a meteorologist about his or her job. Learn about careers in meteorology.
- 7. Make a weather map of your state or country, using several weather symbols.
- 8. Explain the differences between tornadoes and hurricanes.
- 9. Make a simple weather vane. Make a list of other weather instruments and describe what they do.
- 10. Explain how weather can affect agriculture and the growing of food.
- 11. Make a report to your den or family on a book about weather.
- 12. Explain how rainbows are formed and then draw and color a rainbow.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2015 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #620714)
- Earning the Cub Scout Weather Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout is requirement 13 of the Webelos Scientist Activity Badge.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
Related achievements, electives, or other awards
- Tiger Cub Scout
- Wolf Cub Scout
- Bear Cub Scout
- Webelos Scout
- Webelos Scientist Activity Badge requirement 13
- Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program