Cub Scout Volleyball
Belt Loop and Pin
Volleyball Sports Belt Loop
The Cub Scout Volleyball belt loop and pin are a part of the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program. Tiger Cub, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Scouts may earn this award in a Family, Den, Pack, school, or community setting. Tiger Cubs must be always accompanied by their Adult partner.
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- 1. Explain the rules of volleyball to your leader or adult partner.
- 2. Spend at least 30 minutes practicing skills to play the sport of volleyball.
- 3. Participate in a volleyball game.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Volleyball belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- 1. Compete in a pack, school, or community volleyball tournament.
- 2. Demonstrate skill in two volleyball passing techniques: forearm pass and overhead pass (setting).
- 3. Demonstrate skill in two volleyball serving techniques: underhand and overhand.
- 4. Spend at least 90 minutes in practice to develop individual skills for volleyball. Make a chart to record your practice efforts.
- 5. Explain how volleyball matches are scored, including the terms side-out and rally scoring.
- 6. Accurately lay out a volleyball court.
- 7. Play five games of volleyball.
- 8. Officiate at least three games of volleyball.
- 9. Explain the importance of good sportsmanship.
- 10. Attend a high school, college, or professional volleyball game.
- Earning the Cub Scout Volleyball Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout is an option for requirement 3 of the Webelos Sportsman Activity Badge.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
Related achievements, electives, or other awards
- Tiger Cub Scout
- Wolf Cub Scout
- Bear Cub Scout
- Webelos Scout
- Webelos Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 3
- Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program