Cub Scout Volleyball
Belt Loop and Pin
Volleyball Sports Belt Loop
The Cub Scout Volleyball belt loop and pin are a part of the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program. Tiger Cub, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Scouts may earn this award in a Family, Den, Pack, school, or community setting. Tiger Cubs must be always accompanied by their Adult partner.
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of volleyball to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing skills to play the sport of volleyball.
- Participate in a volleyball game.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Volleyball belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Compete in a pack, school, or community volleyball tournament.
- Demonstrate skill in two volleyball passing techniques: forearm pass and overhead pass (setting).
- Demonstrate skill in two volleyball serving techniques: underhand and overhand.
- Spend at least 90 minutes in practice to develop individual skills for volleyball. Make a chart to record your practice efforts.
- Explain how volleyball matches are scored, including the terms side-out and rally scoring.
- Accurately lay out a volleyball court.
- Play five games of volleyball.
- Officiate at least three games of volleyball.
- Explain the importance of good sportsmanship.
- Attend a high school, college, or professional volleyball game.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2015 Edition (BSA Supply No. 33216 - SKU# 620714)
Help with these requirements
| A FREE workbook for Cub Scout Volleyball is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- Earning the Cub Scout Volleyball Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout is an option for requirement 3 of the Webelos Sportsman Activity Badge.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
Related achievements, electives, or other awards
- Achievement 3G could be met by completing Belt Loop requirement 1 and Pin requirement 10
- Tiger Cub Electives
- Elective 35 could be met by completing Belt Loop requirement 3 or Pin requirement 1 or 7
- Wolf Cub Scout
- Wolf Electives
- Elective 20o. could be met by completing Belt Loop requirement 3 or Pin requirements 1 or 7
- Achievement 15b. could be met while completing Belt Loop requirement 3 or Pin requirements 1 or 7
- Achievement 23a. could be partially met by completing Belt Loop requirement 1
- Achievement 23c. could be partially met by completing Belt Loop requirement 3
- Achievement 23e. could be met by completing Pin requirement 10
- Bear Electives
- Elective 20f. could be met by earning the Volleyball Pin
- Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 4 (earn the Volleyball Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)