Cub Scout Video Games Belt Loop & Pin resources include the Cub Scout Video Games Worksheet
with cross-references for related Cub Scout Tiger, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos requirements. Cub Scout Video Games makes a great Art night! ◄ Prev - Next ►
| Video Games|
Belt Loop and Pin
Video Games Academics Belt Loop
The Cub Scout Video Games belt loop and pin are a part of the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program.
Tiger Cub, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Scouts may earn this award in a Family, Den, Pack, school, or community setting. Tiger Cubs must be always accompanied by their Adult partner.
Cub Scout Video Games requirements
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain why it is important to have a rating system for video games. Check your video games to be sure they are right for your age.
- With an adult, create a schedule for you to do things that includes your chores, homework, and video gaming. Do your best to follow this schedule.
- Learn to play a new video game that is approved by your parent, guardian, or teacher.
Academics Pin Requirements
Earn the Video Games belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- With your parents, create a plan to buy a video game that is right for your age group.
- Compare two game systems (for example, Microsoft Xbox, Sony PlayStation, Nintendo Wii, and so on). Explain some of the differences between the two. List good reasons to purchase or use a game system.
- Play a video game with family members in a family tournament.
- Teach an adult or a friend how to play a video game.
- List at least five tips that would help someone who was learning how to play your favorite video game.
- Play an appropriate video game with a friend for one hour.
- Play a video game that will help you practice your math, spelling, or another skill that helps you in your schoolwork.
- Choose a game you might like to purchase. Compare the price for this game at three different stores. Decide which store has the best deal. In your decision, be sure to consider things like the store return policy and manufacturer’s warranty.
- With an adult’s supervision, install a gaming system.
|| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2010 Edition (BSA Supply No. 34299)
The text of these requirements is locked and can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times