Cub Scout Ultimate
Belt Loop and Pin
Ultimate Sports Belt Loop
The Cub Scout Ultimate belt loop and pin are a part of the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program. Tiger Cub, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Scouts may earn this award in a Family, Den, Pack, school, or community setting. Tiger Cubs must be always accompanied by their Adult partner.
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- 1. Explain the rules of ultimate or disc golf to your leader or adult partner.
- 2. Spend at least 30 minutes practicing ultimate or disc golf skills.
- 3. Participate in a game of ultimate or disc golf.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Ultimate belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- 1. Compete in a pack or community ultimate or disc golf tournament.
- 2. Demonstrate effective pivoting while throwing. Use some of the following throwing styles: backhand pass, sidearm pass, and upside-down pass, and/or roller throw.
- 3. Demonstrate skill in the following catching techniques:one-handed, clapping, and sandwich.
- 4. Spend a total of 90 minutes practicing skills of ultimate or disc golf. Keep track of your time on a chart.
- 5. Explain the flight dynamics of the flying disc. Draw a diagram if needed.
- 6. Accurately lay out an ultimate playing field or diagram three typical disc golf holes.
- 7. Play five games of ultimate or disc golf.
- 8. Participate in an ultimate skills or disc golf skilld development clinic.
- 9. Explain the history of ultimate or disc golf and how it became a sport.
- 10. Explain the differences between ultimate and golf discs.
- Earning the Cub Scout Ultimate Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout is an option for requirement 3 of the Webelos Sportsman Activity Badge.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
Related achievements, electives, or other awards
- Tiger Cub Scout
- Wolf Cub Scout
- Bear Cub Scout
- Webelos Scout
- Webelos Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 3
- Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program