Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of tennis to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing tennis skills.
- Participate in a tennis game.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Tennis belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Compete in a pack or community tennis tournament.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of the use and care of the equipment needed to play tennis (rackets, balls, shoes, clothing, and court).
- Practice for 30 minutes developing forehand techniques through forehand bump-ups with a bounce, partner bump-ups with a target, forehand alley rally, forehand alley rally over a "net," drop-hit forehand bumps, drop-hit catch in pairs, and toss-hit catch in pairs.
- Practice developing serving skills for 30 minutes.
- Explain to your leader or adult partner how to score in tennis.
- Accurately draw, label, and explain a tennis court layout.
- Play five games of tennis using U.S. Tennis Association rules.
- Participate in a tennis skills development clinic.
- Attend a high school, college, or professional tennis meet.
- Present to your den or family a report on the history of tennis.
|| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2016 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #621535)
The text of these requirements may be locked. In that case, they can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.