Cub Scout Table Tennis Belt Loop & Pin resources include the Cub Scout Table Tennis Worksheet
with cross-references for related Cub Scout Tiger, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos requirements. Cub Scout Table Tennis is great for a Game Nightt! ◄ Prev - Next ►
|| The Cub Scout Table Tennis Belt Loop is an option for the Webelos Sportsman activity badge.
| Table Tennis|
Belt Loop and Pin
Table Tennis Sports Belt Loop
Table Tennis Sports Pin(line drawing, actual pins are color)
The Cub Scout Table Tennis belt loop and pin are a part of the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program.
Tiger Cub, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Scouts may earn this award in a Family, Den, Pack, school, or community setting. Tiger Cubs must be always accompanied by their Adult partner.
Cub Scout Table Tennis requirements
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of table tennis to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing table tennis skills.
- Participate in a table tennis game.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Table Tennis belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Compete in a pack or community table tennis tournament.
- Demonstrate your knowledge, use, and care of the equipment needed to play table tennis (racket or paddle, table and net, ball, tennis or basketball shoes, and comfortable clothing).
- Practice 30 minutes developing serving skills.
- Practice 30 minutes developing your forehand and backhand strokes.
- Explain to your leader or adult partner how spin affects the bounce of the ball.
- Accurately set up a table tennis table and net according to USA Table Tennis rules.
- Play five games of table tennis.
- Participate in a table tennis skills development clinic.
- Explain to your leader or adult partner how to score a table tennis game.
- Participate in a game of doubles table tennis (four people playing in one game, two people per side).
|| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2003 Edition (BSA Supply No. 34299)
The text of these requirements is locked and can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
- Bear Cub Scout
- 23. Cub Scout Table Tennis is an option for Bear requirement 23.
- Webelos Scout
- Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 3. (earn the Cub Scout Table Tennis Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)
Sports and Fitness Awards