Cub Scout Table Tennis
| Table Tennis|
Belt Loop and Pin
Table Tennis Sports Belt Loop
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- 1. Explain the rules of table tennis to your leader or adult partner.
- 2. Spend at least 30 minutes practicing table tennis skills.
- 3. Participate in a table tennis game.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Table Tennis belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- 1. Compete in a pack or community table tennis tournament.
- 2. Demonstrate your knowledge, use, and care of the equipment needed to play table tennis (racket or paddle, table and net, ball, tennis or basketball shoes, and comfortable clothing).
- 3. Practice 30 minutes developing serving skills.
- 4. Practice 30 minutes developing your forehand and backhand strokes.
- 5. Explain to your leader or adult partner how spin affects the bounce of the ball.
- 6. Accurately set up a table tennis table and net according to USA Table Tennis rules.
- 7. Play five games of table tennis.
- 8. Participate in a table tennis skills development clinic.
- 9. Explain to your leader or adult partner how to score a table tennis game.
- 10. Participate in a game of doubles table tennis (four people playing in one game, two people per side).
- Earning the Cub Scout Table Tennis Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout is an option for requirement 3 of the Sportsman Activity Badge.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
Related achievements, electives, or other awards
- Tiger Cub Scout
- Wolf Cub Scout
- Bear Cub Scout
- Webelos Scout
- Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program