Cub Scout Softball
Belt Loop and Pin
Softball Sports Belt Loop
The Cub Scout Softball belt loop and pin are a part of the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program. Tiger Cub, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Scouts may earn this award in a Family, Den, Pack, school, or community setting. Tiger Cubs must be always accompanied by their Adult partner.
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of softball to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing softball skills.
- Participate in a softball game.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Softball belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Compete in a pack or community softball tournament.
- Demonstrate skill in the following throwing techniques: overhand, sidearm, underhand, and the relay throw.
- Demonstrate skill in the following catching techniques: fielding a ground ball, fielding a pop-up, catching a line drive.
- Demonstrate correct pitching techniques and practice for three half-hour sessions.
- Demonstrate correct hitting techniques, including bunting. Practice for three half-hour sessions.
- Explain the rules of base running and demonstrate skill in the following sliding techniques: the straight-in slide, the hook slide, and the headfirst slide.
- Learn and demonstrate base coaching signals.
- Learn about one defensive position (shortstop, catcher, etc.) and practice at that position for three half-hour sessions.
- Attend a high school, college, or community softball game.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2015 Edition (BSA Supply No. 33216 - SKU# 620714)
Help with these requirements
| A FREE workbook for Cub Scout Softball is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
Related achievements, electives, or other awards
- Achievement 3G could be met by completing Belt Loop requirement 1 and Pin requirement 9
- Tiger Cub Electives
- Elective 35 could be met by completing Belt Loop requirement 3 or Pin requirement 1
- Achievement 1a. could be met by completing Pin requirement 2
- Wolf Electives
- Elective 20l. and part of 20o. could be met by completing Belt Loop requirement 3 or Pin requirement 1
- Achievement 15b. could be met while completing Belt Loop requirement 3 or Pin requirement 1
- Achievement 23a. could be partially met by completing Belt Loop requirement 1
- Achievement 23c. could be partially met by completing Belt Loop requirement 3
- Achievement 23e. could be met by completing Pin requirement 9
- Bear Electives
- Elective 20f. could be met by earning the Softball Pin
- Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 4 (earn the Softball Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)