Cub Scout Softball
Revision as of 20:43, February 28, 2008
Belt Loop and Pin
Softball Sports Belt Loop
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- 1. Explain the rules of softball to your leader or adult partner.
- 2. Spend at least 30 minutes practicing softball skills.
- 3. Participate in a softball game.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Softball belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- 1. Compete in a pack or community softball tournament.
- 2. Demonstrate skill in the following throwing techniques: overhand, sidearm, underhand, and the relay throw.
- 3. Demonstrate skill in the following catching techniques: fielding a ground ball, fielding a pop-up, catching a line drive.
- 4. Demonstrate correct pitching techniques and practice for three half-hour sessions.
- 5. Demonstrate correct hitting techniques, including bunting. Practice for three half-hour sessions.
- 6. Explain the rules of base running and demonstrate skill in the following sliding techniques: the straight-in slide, the hook slide, and the headfirst slide.
- 7. Learn and demonstrate base coaching signals.
- 8. Learn about one defensive position (shortstop, catcher, etc.) and practice at that position for three half-hour sessions.
- 9. Attend a high school, college, or community softball game.
Webelos Scouts that earn the Softball Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout also satisfy part of requirement 4 for the Sportsman Activity Badge.