Cub Scout Softball
Revision as of 16:49, March 19, 2008
Belt Loop and Pin
Softball Sports Belt Loop
The Cub Scout Softball belt loop and pin are a part of the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program. Tiger Cub, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Scouts may earn this award in a Family, Den, Pack, school, or community setting. Tiger Cubs must be always accompanied by their Adult partner.
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- 1. Explain the rules of softball to your leader or adult partner.
- 2. Spend at least 30 minutes practicing softball skills.
- 3. Participate in a softball game.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Softball belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- 1. Compete in a pack or community softball tournament.
- 2. Demonstrate skill in the following throwing techniques: overhand, sidearm, underhand, and the relay throw.
- 3. Demonstrate skill in the following catching techniques: fielding a ground ball, fielding a pop-up, catching a line drive.
- 4. Demonstrate correct pitching techniques and practice for three half-hour sessions.
- 5. Demonstrate correct hitting techniques, including bunting. Practice for three half-hour sessions.
- 6. Explain the rules of base running and demonstrate skill in the following sliding techniques: the straight-in slide, the hook slide, and the headfirst slide.
- 7. Learn and demonstrate base coaching signals.
- 8. Learn about one defensive position (shortstop, catcher, etc.) and practice at that position for three half-hour sessions.
- 9. Attend a high school, college, or community softball game.
- Earning the Cub Scout Softball Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout is an option for requirement 3 of the Webelos Sportsman Activity Badge.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
Related achievements, electives, or other awards
- Tiger Cub Scout
- Wolf Cub Scout
- Bear Cub Scout
- Webelos Scout
- Webelos Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 3
- Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program