Cub Scout Snow Ski and Board Sports Belt Loop & Pin resources include the Cub Scout Snow Ski and Board Sports Worksheet
with cross-references for related Cub Scout Tiger, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos requirements. Cub Scout Snow Ski and Board Sports is great if you know how to ski or snowboard or want to learn! ◄ Prev - Next ►
|| The Cub Scout Snow Ski and Board Sports Belt Loop is an option for the Webelos Sportsman activity badge.
|| The Cub Scout Snow Ski and Board Sports belt loop and pin help prepare Cub Scouts and Webelos Scouts for the Boy Scout Snow Sports merit badge.
Template:Cub Scout Academics and Sports introduction
| Snow Ski and Board Sports|
Belt Loop and Pin
Snow Ski and Board Sports Sports Belt Loop
Snow Ski and Board Sports Sports Pin(line drawing, actual pins are color)
Cub Scout Snow Ski and Board Sports requirements
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the conditioning, clothing, equipment, and planning needed for snow skiing or boarding.
- Explain "Your Responsibility Code," the rules of safety and courtesy for the slopes. (See "Your Responsibility Code" on the back of this page. (Click here to see "Your Responsibility Code")
- Go skiing or snow boarding. Demonstrate how to stop and turn.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Snow Ski and Board Sports belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Explain the different kinds of ski lifts, such as a rope tow and "fixed grip" and "detachable" chair lifts.
- Describe the five universal symbols used to indicate ski trail difficulty.
- Demonstrate how to hold your position and get up from a fall.
- Demonstrate how to fall safely to avoid injury.
- Explain why it is important to protect nature and wildlife while skiing or snowboarding.
- Practice skiing or snowboarding for at least five hours. You can do this in more than one day.
- Explain what to do if you see a skiing or snow boarding accident. Discuss the dangers of avalanche.
- Take a skiing or snow boarding lesson.
- View a video on skiing or snow boarding.
- Talk with a member of a ski patrol and learn about the job he or she does at the ski slope.
- Learn about an Olympian who competed in skiing or snowboarding and report to your den.
|| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2016 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #621535)
The text of these requirements may be locked. In that case, they can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.
Template:Cub Scout Academics and Sports notes
Template:Cub Scout Academics and Sports Requirement resources
- Webelos Scout
- Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 3. (earn the Cub Scout Snow Ski and Board Sports Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)
Sports and Fitness Awards