Cub Scout Roller Skating Belt Loop & Pin resources include the Cub Scout Roller Skating Worksheet
with cross-references for related Cub Scout Tiger, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos requirements. Cub Scout Roller Skating is great if you know how to roller skate or want to learn! ◄ Prev - Next ►
|| This is the Roller Skating belt loop and pin for Cub Scouts and Webelos Scouts.|
Cub Scouts and Webelos Scouts can also earn the Cub Scout Ice Skating belt loop and pin.
Boy Scouts can earn the Skating merit badge.
|| The Cub Scout Roller Skating Belt Loop is an option for the Webelos Sportsman activity badge.
| Roller Skating|
Belt Loop and Pin
Roller Skating Sports Belt Loop
Roller Skating Sports Pin(line drawing, actual pins are color)
The Cub Scout Roller Skating belt loop and pin are a part of the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program.
Tiger Cub, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Scouts may earn this award in a Family, Den, Pack, school, or community setting. Tiger Cubs must be always accompanied by their Adult partner.
Cub Scout Roller Skating requirements
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain ways to protect yourself while roller skating or inline skating, and the need for proper safety equipment.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing the skills of roller skating or inline skating.
- Go skating with a family member or den for at least three hours. Chart your time.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Roller Skating belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Participate in a pack or community skating event.
- Demonstrate how to disassemble and reassemble skates.
- Explain the proper clothing for roller or inline skating.
- Spend at least 30 minutes, on two occasions, practicing warm up exercises before skating.
- Play a game of roller hockey.
- Learn two new roller skating skills Forward Scissors, Forward Stroking, Crossover, or Squat Skate.
- Participate in a roller or inline skating skill development clinic.
- Demonstrate how to stop quickly and safely.
- Demonstrate how to skate backwards. Skate backwards for five feet.
- Play a game on roller skates, roller blades, or inline skates.
|| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2015 Edition (BSA Supply No. 33216 - SKU# 620714)
The text of these requirements is locked and can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
- Guide to Safe Scouting: Skating Guidelines
- Webelos Scout
- Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 3. (earn the Cub Scout Roller Skating Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)
Sports and Fitness Awards