Cub Scout Roller Skating Belt Loop & Pin resources include the Cub Scout Roller Skating Worksheet
with cross-references for related Cub Scout Tiger, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos requirements. Cub Scout Roller Skating is great if you know how to roller skate or want to learn! ◄ Prev - Next ►
|| This is the Roller Skating belt loop and pin for Cub Scouts and Webelos Scouts.|
Cub Scouts and Webelos Scouts can also earn the Cub Scout Ice Skating belt loop and pin.
Boy Scouts can earn the Skating merit badge.
|| The Cub Scout Roller Skating Belt Loop is an option for the Webelos Sportsman activity badge.
| Roller Skating|
Belt Loop and Pin
Roller Skating Sports Belt Loop
Roller Skating Sports Pin(line drawing, actual pins are color)
The Cub Scout Roller Skating belt loop and pin are a part of the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program.
Tiger Cub, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Scouts may earn this award in a Family, Den, Pack, school, or community setting. Tiger Cubs must be always accompanied by their Adult partner.
Cub Scout Roller Skating requirements
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain ways to protect yourself while roller skating or inline skating, and the need for proper safety equipment.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing the skills of roller skating or inline skating.
- Go skating with a family member or den for at least three hours. Chart your time.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Roller Skating belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Participate in a pack or community skating event.
- Demonstrate how to disassemble and reassemble skates.
- Explain the proper clothing for roller or inline skating.
- Spend at least 30 minutes, on two occasions, practicing warm up exercises before skating.
- Play a game of roller hockey.
- Learn two new roller skating skills Forward Scissors, Forward Stroking, Crossover, or Squat Skate.
- Participate in a roller or inline skating skill development clinic.
- Demonstrate how to stop quickly and safely.
- Demonstrate how to skate backwards. Skate backwards for five feet.
- Play a game on roller skates, roller blades, or inline skates.
|| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2003 Edition (BSA Supply No. 34299)
The text of these requirements is locked and can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
- Guide to Safe Scouting: Skating Guidelines
- Webelos Scout
- Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 3. (earn the Cub Scout Roller Skating Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)
Sports and Fitness Awards