Cub Scout Physical Fitness
(Difference between revisions)
12makoto (Talk | contribs)
(Added page for Cub Scouts Physical Fitness belt loop and sports pin)
Next diff →
Revision as of 19:05, December 10, 2007
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- 1. Give a short report to your den or family on the dangers of drugs and alcohol.
- 2. Practice finding your pulse and counting your heartbeats per minute. Determine your target heart rate.
- 3. Practice five physical fitness skills regularly. Improve performance in each skill over a month. Skills could include pull-ups, curl-ups, the standing long jump, the 50-yard dash, and the softball throw.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Marbles belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- 1. Make a diagram of the Food Guide Pyramid. List foods you ate in a week and show where they fit in the pyramid.
- 2. Choose a form of exercise, bring your heart rate up to target, and keep it there for 15 minutes. Don't forget to warm up and cool down.
- 3. Set up a four-step exercise program. Chart your progress for five days a week for two weeks.
- 4. Explain the reason for warming up and cooling down before and after each exercise session.
- 5. Visit a local gym and talk to a trainer about exercises and programs for young people.
- 6. Participate in some aerobic exercises at least three times a week for four weeks.
- 7. Build an obstacle course that could include some exercises with jumping, crawling, and hurdles. Time yourself three times to see whether you can improve your time.
- 8. Swim for a total of an hour, charting your time as you go.
- 9. Participate for at least three months in an organized team sport or organized athletic activity.