Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award
|Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award|
Tiger Cubs, Wolf and Bear Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts have the opportunity to earn the Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award. Boys may earn the award in each of the program years as long as the requirements are completed each year. The first time the award is earned, the boy will receive the pocket flap award, which is to be worn on the right pocket flap of the uniform shirt. Each successive year the award is earned, a wolf track pin may be added to the flap. Leaders should encourage boys to build on skills and experiences from previous years when working on the award for a successive year.
The Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award Pocket flap is worn on the right pocket flap of the Cub Scout or Webelos uniform shirt. Each successive time the award is earned, a wolf track pin may be added to the flap.
Packs who earn the National Summertime Pack Award can award separate award pin to the Cub Scouts who participated based on their level.
Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award requirements
With your den, pack, or family:
- 3. Buddy System
- 5. Service Project in your community.
- 7. National Summertime Award.
- 8. Pack Meeting.
- 9. Cub Scout Swimming.
- 10. Scout Skits, Scout Songs, Flag Ceremony.
- 11. Cub Scout Sports.
- 12. Scout Sunday has many Scout's Own and worship resources.
- 5D. Go outside to make a leaf rubbing.
- 5G. Go See It! Take a hike with your den.
- 22. Picnic Fun: With your family or with your den, have a picnic--outdoors or indoors.
- 30. Plant a Seed: Plant a seed, pit, or green tops from something you have eaten.
- 35. Fun Outdoors: Play a game outdoors with your family or den.
- 37. Take a Bicycle Ride: Take a bicycle ride with your adult partner.
- 40. Fun in the Water: Together with an adult partner, go swimming or take part in an activity in water.
- 41. Transportation: Visit a train station, bus station, airport, or boat dock.
- 42. Fun at the Zoo: Visit a zoo...
- 1. Feats of Skill can be part of an outdoor activity
- 2. Outdoor Flag Ceremonies
- 7d. With an adult, pick up litter in your neighborhood. Wear gloves to protect your hands against germs and cuts from sharp objects.
- 8e. With an adult, help to plan, prepare, and cook an outdoor meal.
- 10c. Walk, go to a park or a wooded area, or visit a zoo.
- 18. Outdoor Adventure: Picnic, outing, treasure hunt, obstacle race, adventure trail, and pack events.
- 19. Fishing
- 20. Sports: tennis, badminton, skiing, ice skating, roller skating, track, standing long jump, flag football, soccer, baseball, softball, basketball.
- 23. Camping, day camp, resident camp, campfire, worship service outdoors.
- 5d. Visit a Zoo, Nature center, Aviary, Wildlife refuge, Game preserve
- 6g. Take part in a den or pack neighborhood clean-up project.
- 9e. Make some trail food for a hike.
- 9g. With an adult, cook something outdoors.
- 12. Family Outdoor Adventure: Leave No Trace Award, camping, hike, picnic, outdoor event.
- 14f. Ride a bike for 1 mile.
- 14g. Plan and take a family bike hike.
- 15'. Backyard golf, Badminton, Croquet, Sidewalk shuffleboard, Kickball, Softball, Tetherball, Horseshoes, Volleyball.
- 16'. Building Muscles: Can be done during Pack Olympics.
- 23'. Sports, Sports, Sports: Can be done during Pack Olympics.
- 15'. Water and Soil Conservation
- 18'. Backyard Gym
- 19'. Swimming
- 20'. Sports
- 25'. Let's Go Camping