Cub Scout Music
Belt Loop and Pin
Music Academics Belt Loop
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- 1. Explain why music is an important part of our culture.
- 2. Pick a song with at least two verses and learn it by heart
- 3. Listen to four different types of music either recorded or live.
Academics Pin Requirements
Earn the Music belt loop, and complete one from each of the five areas below:
- 1. Make a musical instrument and play it for your family, den, or pack.
- 2. Teach your den a song.
- 3. Play a song by yourself or in a group, in unison or in harmony.
- 4. Create an original melody and/or original words for a song.
- 5. Using a tape recorder, capture natural sounds of the environment or record songs you create, and use your recording as a soundtrack for a short skit. or as background for a movement activity.
- 6. Attend a live musical performance or concert.
- 7. Demonstrate conducting patterns for two songs using two different meters (two-, three-, or four-beat meter) while your adult partner or den members sing or play the songs you have selected.
- 8. Take voice or dance lessons or lessons to learn to play an instrument.
- 9. Create movements to a piece of music without words to demonstrate the moods of the music: happy, sad, calm, excited, playful, inspired.
- 10. Learn about a composer of some music that you enjoy.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2015 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #620714)