Cub Scout Language and Culture
| Language & Culture|
Belt Loop and Pin
Language & Culture Academics Belt Loop
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- 1. Talk with someone who grew up in a different country than you did. Find out what it was like and how it is different from your experience.
- 2. Learn 10 words that are in a different language than your own.
- 3. Play two games that originated in another country or culture.
Academics Pin Requirements
Earn the Language & Culture belt loop, and complete seven of the following requirements:
- 1. Earn the BSA Interpreter Strip.
- 2. Write the numbers 1-10 in Chinese or another number system other than the one we normally use (we use the Arabic system).
- 3. Visit an embassy, consulate, or charge d'affairs for another country.
- 4. Make a display of stamps or postcards of another country. Explain the importance or symbolism of the things depicted to that country's culture.
- 5. Learn 30 words in a language other than your own.
- 6. Learn a song in another country's language.
- 7. Say five words in American Sign Language. One of these words could be your first name.
- 8. Visit a restaurant that specializes in recipes from another country.
- 9. Watch a TV show or movie in a foreign language. Tell how easy or difficult it was to understand what was happening.
- 10. Interview an interpreter. Find out what his or her job is like.
- 11. Make a list of 30 things around your home that were made in another country.
- 12. Read a book or story about an immigrant to the United States.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2003 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #637685)
- Earning the Cub Scout Language and Culture Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout is requirement 6 of the Webelos Scholar Activity Badge.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
Related achievements, electives, or other awards
- Tiger Cub Scout
- Wolf Cub Scout
- Wolf Electives 1c, 1d, 10f
- Bear Cub Scout
- Webelos Scout
- Webelos Scholar Activity Badge requirement 6
- Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program