Cub Scout Ice Skating
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- 1. Explain ways to protect yourself while ice skating, and the need for proper safety equipment.
- 2. Spend at least 30 minutes practicing the skills of skating.
- 3. Go ice skating with a family member or den for at least three hours. Chart your time.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Ice Skating belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- 1. Participate in a pack or community skating event.
- 2. Demonstrate how to sharpen your skates correctly.
- 3. Demonstrate how to lace, assemble, and dissemble your skates correctly.
- 4. On two occasions, spend at least 30 minutes practicing warm-up exercises before skating.
- 5. Play a skating game on the ice.
- 6. Learn two new figure-skating skills: Forward Swizzles, Glides, Backward Swizzles, and Backward Wiggle.
- 7. Demonstrate how to "start" in a speed skating race.
- 8. Explain the difference between long-track and short-track speed skating.
- 9. Participate in a skating skill development clinic.
- 10. Tell about an Olympian athlete in figure skating or speed skating. What were some of his or her best traits?
- 11. Play a game of ice hockey.
- 12. Participate in a hockey skill dvelopment clinic.
Webelos Scouts that earn the Ice Skating Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout also satisfy part of requirement 3 for the Sportsman Activity Badge.