Cub Scout Ice Skating Belt Loop & Pin resources include the Cub Scout Ice Skating Worksheet
with cross-references for related Cub Scout Tiger, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos requirements. Cub Scout Ice Skating is a great weekend activity! ◄ Prev - Next ►
|| The Cub Scout Ice Skating Belt Loop is an option for the Webelos Sportsman activity badge.
|| The Cub Scout Ice Skating belt loop and pin help prepare Cub Scouts and Webelos Scouts for the Boy Scout Skating merit badge.
| Ice Skating|
Belt Loop and Pin
Ice Skating Sports Belt Loop
Ice Skating Sports Pin(line drawing, actual pins are color)
The Cub Scout Ice Skating belt loop and pin are a part of the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program.
Tiger Cub, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Scouts may earn this award in a Family, Den, Pack, school, or community setting. Tiger Cubs must be always accompanied by their Adult partner.
Cub Scout Ice Skating requirements
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain ways to protect yourself while ice skating, and the need for proper safety equipment.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing the skills of skating.
- Go ice skating with a family member or den for at least three hours. Chart your time.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Ice Skating belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Participate in a pack or community skating event.
- Demonstrate how to sharpen your skates correctly.
- Demonstrate how to lace, assemble, and dissemble your skates correctly.
- On two occasions, spend at least 30 minutes practicing warm-up exercises before skating.
- Play a skating game on the ice.
- Learn two new figure-skating skills: Forward Swizzles, Glides, Backward Swizzles, and Backward Wiggle.
- Demonstrate how to "start" in a speed skating race.
- Explain the difference between long-track and short-track speed skating.
- Participate in a skating skill development clinic.
- Tell about an Olympian athlete in figure skating or speed skating. What were some of his or her best traits?
- Play a game of ice hockey.
- Participate in a hockey skill development clinic.
|| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2015 Edition (BSA Supply No. 33216 - SKU# 620714)
The text of these requirements is locked and can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
- Webelos Scout
- Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 3. (earn the Cub Scout Ice Skating Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)
Sports and Fitness Awards