Cub Scout Gymnastics
Belt Loop and Pin
Gymnastics Sports Belt Loop
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the six events of men's gymnastics: floor exercise, pommel horse, still rings, vaulting / side horse, parallel bars, and horizontal bar.
- Participate in three of the six events using the proper equipment.
- Explain the safety rules you should follow to learn gymnastics.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Gymnastics belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Write a report on the history of gymnastics.
- Take gymnastics lessons.
- Attend a gymnastics meet.
- Practice and demonstrate five floor exercise skills.
- Practice and demonstrate two skills used on the pommel horse.
- Demonstrate two skills on the still rings.
- Demonstrate two skills using parallel bars.
- Demonstrate two skills using the horizontal bar.
- Demonstrate a vault using the side horse.
- Develop a regular routine of physical and mental conditioning.
- Learn about three U.S. gymnasts who have won medals in the Olympics.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2015 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #620714)
Help with these requirements
| A FREE workbook for Cub Scout Gymnastics is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
Related achievements, electives, or other awards
- Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 3. (earn the Cub Scout Gymnastics Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)