Cub Scout Gymnastics
Revision as of 20:43, February 28, 2008
Belt Loop and Pin
Gymnastics Sports Belt Loop
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- 1. Explain the six events of men's gymnastics: floor exercise, pommel horse, still rings, vaulting / side horse, parallel bars, and horizontal bar.
- 2. Participate in three of the six events using the proper equipment.
- 3. Explain the safety rules you should follow to learn gymnastics.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Gymnastics belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- 1. Write a report on the history of gymnastics.
- 2. Take gymnastics lessons.
- 3. Attend a gymnastics meet.
- 4. Practice and demonstrate five floor exercise skills.
- 5. Practice and demonstrate two skills used on the pommel horse.
- 6. Demonstrate two skills on the still rings.
- 7. Demonstrate two skills using parallel bars.
- 8. Demonstrate two skills using the horizontal bar.
- 9. Demonstrate a vault using the side horse.
- 10. Develop a regular routine of physical and mental conditioning.
- 11. Learn about three U.S. gymnasts who have won medals in the Olympics.
Webelos Scouts that earn the Gymnastics Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout also satisfy part of requirement 3 for the Sportsman Activity Badge.