Cub Scout Gymnastics
Revision as of 18:49, March 19, 2008
Belt Loop and Pin
Gymnastics Sports Belt Loop
The Cub Scout Gymnastics belt loop and pin are a part of the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program. Tiger Cub, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Scouts may earn this award in a Family, Den, Pack, school, or community setting. Tiger Cubs must be always accompanied by their Adult partner.
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- 1. Explain the six events of men's gymnastics: floor exercise, pommel horse, still rings, vaulting / side horse, parallel bars, and horizontal bar.
- 2. Participate in three of the six events using the proper equipment.
- 3. Explain the safety rules you should follow to learn gymnastics.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Gymnastics belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- 1. Write a report on the history of gymnastics.
- 2. Take gymnastics lessons.
- 3. Attend a gymnastics meet.
- 4. Practice and demonstrate five floor exercise skills.
- 5. Practice and demonstrate two skills used on the pommel horse.
- 6. Demonstrate two skills on the still rings.
- 7. Demonstrate two skills using parallel bars.
- 8. Demonstrate two skills using the horizontal bar.
- 9. Demonstrate a vault using the side horse.
- 10. Develop a regular routine of physical and mental conditioning.
- 11. Learn about three U.S. gymnasts who have won medals in the Olympics.
- Earning the Cub Scout Gymnastics Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout is an option for requirement 3 of the Webelos Sportsman Activity Badge.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
Related achievements, electives, or other awards
- Tiger Cub Scout
- Wolf Cub Scout
- Bear Cub Scout
- Webelos Scout
- Webelos Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 3
- Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program