Cub Scout Golf
Belt Loop and Pin
Golf Sports Belt Loop
|The Cub Scout Golf Belt Loop is an option for the Webelos Sportsman activity badge.|
|The Cub Scout Golf belt loop and pin help prepare Cub Scouts and Webelos Scouts for the Boy Scout Golf merit badge.|
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of golf to your leader or adult partner. Explain the need for caution concerning golf clubs and golf balls.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing golfing skills.
- Participate in a round of golf (nine holes).
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Golf belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Explain the use of woods and irons. Explain their differences.
- Explain how par is determined for a hole.
- Demonstrate the proper grip of the club to your leader, adult partner, or instructor.
- Spend 30 minutes practicing the swing styles: full swing, approach swing, and putting swing.
- Spend 30 minutes practicing aim, stance, and the address position.
- Draw a diagram of a typical golf hole, from tee to green.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of the use and care of golf equipment: clubs, ball, tee, bag, shoes, and gloves.
- Describe the composition of a regulation golf ball.
- Take golf lessons.
- Spend 30 minutes hitting balls on a driving range.
- Play miniature golf.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2016 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #621535)
Help with these requirements
| A FREE workbook for Cub Scout Golf is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
Related achievements, electives, or other awards
- 15. Games, Games Games! - Golf is an individual sport option.
- Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 3. (earn the Cub Scout Golf Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)