Cub Scout Flag Football
| Flag Football|
Belt Loop and Pin
Flag Football Sports Belt Loop
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- 1. Explain or discuss the simple rules of flag football with your den.
- 2. Practice running, passing, and catching skills for at least 30 minutes.
- 3. Play a game of flag football.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Flag Football belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- 1. Layout and properly mark a flag football field at a park or playground.
- 2. Explain the difference between defense and offense in a flag football game.
- 3. Describe five different positions a player may play in flag football. Name the position that you prefer to play.
- 4. During three half-hour sessions, practice the skills of passing, hand-offs, rushing, and running.
- 5. Participate in a flag-football clinic.
- 6. Consider all the people who make it possible to play a game of flag football. List parents, coaches, team members, scorekeepers, referees, groundskeepers, etc,
- 7. Play in five flag football games without incurring a penalty.
- 8. Explain and demonstrate at least six football officiating signals.
- 9. Attend a high school, college, or community league football game.
- 10. Read a book about a football player and tell your den or family about the player's training and work ethics.
- 11. Talk with a referee or official of a high school, college, or community football league and learn about the job he or she does at a football game.
Webelos Scouts that earn the Badminton Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout also satisfy part of requirement 3 for the Sportsman Activity Badge.