Cub Scout Flag Football
| Flag Football|
Belt Loop and Pin
Flag Football Sports Belt Loop
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain or discuss the simple rules of flag football with your den.
- Practice running, passing, and catching skills for at least 30 minutes.
- Play a game of flag football.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Flag Football belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Layout and properly mark a flag football field at a park or playground.
- Explain the difference between defense and offense in a flag football game.
- Describe five different positions a player may play in flag football. Name the position that you prefer to play.
- During three half-hour sessions, practice the skills of passing, hand-offs, rushing, and running.
- Participate in a flag-football clinic.
- Consider all the people who make it possible to play a game of flag football. List parents, coaches, team members, scorekeepers, referees, groundskeepers, etc,
- Play in five flag football games without incurring a penalty.
- Explain and demonstrate at least six football officiating signals.
- Attend a high school, college, or community league football game.
- Read a book about a football player and tell your den or family about the player's training and work ethics.
- Talk with a referee or official of a high school, college, or community football league and learn about the job he or she does at a football game.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2015 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #620714)
Help with these requirements
| A FREE workbook for Cub Scout Flag Football is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- Earning the Cub Scout Flag Football Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout is an option for requirement 3 of the Webelos Sportsman Activity Badge.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
Related achievements, electives, or other awards
- Achievement 3G could be met by completing Belt Loop requirement 1 and Pin requirement 9
- Tiger Cub Electives
- Elective 35 could be met by completing Belt Loop requirement 3 or Pin requirement 7
- Wolf Cub Scout
- Wolf Electives
- Elective 20j. and part of 20o. could be met by completing Belt Loop requirement 3 or Pin requirement 7
- Achievement 15b. could be met while completing Belt Loop requirement 3 or Pin requirement 7
- Achievement 23a. could be partially met by completing Belt Loop requirement 1
- Achievement 23c. could be partially met by completing Belt Loop requirement 3 or Pin requirement 7
- Achievement 23e. could be met by completing Pin requirement 9
- Bear Electives
- Elective 20f. could be met by earning the Basketball Pin
- Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 4 (earn the Flag Football Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)