Cub Scout Fishing
Revision as of 20:37, December 10, 2007
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- 1. Review your local fishing regulations with your leader or adult partner. Explain why they are important, and commit to following them.
- 2. Demonstrate how to properly bait a hook.
- 3. Try to catch a fish.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Fishing belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- 1. Compete in a pack or community fishing tournament.
- 2. Demonstrate how to clean a fish.
- 3. Prepare a report on three different kinds of fish. Include information on preferred habitats, feeding habits, and recommended fishing techniques, baits, and equipment needed to catch it.
- 4. Draw a picture of three different types of fishing reels. Explain how each works.
- 5. Tie three fishing flies. Use at least one to fish.
- 6. Demonstrate proficiency in casting at a target 30 feet away.
- 7. Select a species of fish and draw a picture of it, correctly labeling each part and its function.
- 8. Replace the line in a fishing reel.
- 9. Make a simple pole and line fishing rig. Use it to catch a fish.
- 10. Catch a fish using artificial bait or lures.
- 11. Practice fishing on five occasions, complying with local fishing regulations and the Outdoor Code.
Webelos Scouts that earn the Fishing Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout also satisfy part of requirement 3 for the Sportsman Activity Badge.