Cub Scout Den Leader Award
|Den Leader Award|
Den Leader Award Knot
Recognition awards are available to Cub Scout leaders who complete training, tenure, and performance requirements. These awards are presented by the local council. All of the awards require the completion of Fast Start Training, Basic Leader Training for the position, Youth Protection training, and participation in roundtables or a pow wow or University of Scouting. Some require additional supplemental training. One or two years of registered service in the appropriate position is a requirement for each award, and tenure used for one award may not be used for another.
The Den Leader Award replaced the Den Leader Training Award, which was phased out on December 31, 1988. Initially there was a neck ribbon, but the ribbons were phased out in 2001.
Cub Scout Den Leader Award Requirements
- Complete one year as a registered Cub Scout den leader.
- Complete "The New Den Leader" Fast Start Training.
- Complete Basic Leader Training for Cub Scout den leaders.
- Complete Youth Protection training.
- During your tenure for this award, participate in a Cub Scout leader pow wow or University of Scouting, or attend at least four roundtables.
Do five of the following:
- During at least one program year, have a minimum of 50 percent of the Cub Scouts in your den earn the rank for their grade or age (Wolf or Bear).
- At least once, reregister a minimum of 75 percent of the eligible members of your den as a part of the pack charter renewal process.
- Graduate a minimum of 60 percent of the eligible members of your den into Webelos Scouting.
- Have an assistant den leader or second adult who meets regularly with your den.
- Have a den chief who meets regularly with your den.
- Take leadership in planning and conducting a den service project.
- Conduct at least three den meetings per month, nine months per year, or follow an optional plan approved by the pack.
- Participate with your den in a Cub Scout day camp or Cub Scout resident camp experience.
- Explore three Character Connection activities with your den members in one year.
- Hold regular den meeting and den activity planning sessions with your assistant den leader.