Cub Scout Computers
(Difference between revisions)
(add reqs, cross-link)
Revision as of 07:13, March 19, 2008
Belt Loop and Pin
Computers Academics Belt Loop
Belt Loop Requirements
- Explain the parts of a personal computer: central processing unit (CPU), monitor, keyboard, mouse, modem, and printer.
- Demonstrate how to start up and shut down a personal computer properly.
- Use your computer to prepare and print a document.
Academics Pin Requirements
Earn the Computers belt loop and complete five of the following requirements:
- Use a computer to prepare a report on a subject of interest to you. Share it with your den.
- Make a list of 20 devices that can be found in the home that use a computer chip to function.
- Use a computer to maintain a balance sheet of your earnings for four weeks.
- Use a spreadsheet program to organize some information.
- Use an illustration, drawing, or painting program to create a picture.
- Use a computer to write a thank-you letter to someone.
- Log on to the Internet. Visit the Boy Scouts of America homepage (http://www.scouting.org).
- Discuss with an adult personal safety rules you should use while using the Internet.
- Practice a new computer game for two weeks. Demonstrate an improvement in your scores.
- Correspond with a friend using e-mail. Have at least five e-mail replies from your friend.
- Visit a local business or government agency that uses a large mainframe computer to handle their business. Be able to explain how computers save them time and money in carrying out their work.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2015 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #620714)
- Earning the Cub Scout Computers Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout is requirement 14 of the Webelos Communicator Activity Badge.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
Related achievements, electives, or other awards
- 21a could be met by completing Computers Pin requirement #11
- 21b could be met by completing Belt Loop requirement #3 or Pin requirements #1, 3, 4, or 6
- 21c could be met by completing Computers Belt Loop requirement #1
- 17d could be met by completing Computers Belt Loop requirement #3 or Pin requirements #1 or 4
- 17e could be met by completing Computers Belt Loop requirement #3 or Pin requirements #6
- 22c could be met by completing Computers Pin requirement #4