Cub Scout Communicating
Belt Loop and Pin
Communicating Academics Belt Loop
|The Cub Scout Communicating Belt Loop is an option for the Webelos Communicator activity badge.|
|The Cub Scout Communicating belt loop and pin help prepare Cub Scouts and Webelos Scouts for the Boy Scout Communications merit badge.|
The Cub Scout Communicating belt loop and pin are a part of the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program. Tiger Cub, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Scouts may earn this award in a Family, Den, Pack, school, or community setting. Tiger Cubs must be always accompanied by their Adult partner.
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Tell a story or relate an incident to a group of people, such as your family, den, or members of your class.
- Write a letter to a friend or relative.
- Make a poster about something that interests you. Explain the poster to your den.
Academics Pin Requirements
Earn the Communicating belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Write an original poem or story.
- Keep a journal of daily activities for at least seven days.
- Listen to a news story on television or the radio. Discuss the information with an adult.
- Go to the library. Use the card catalog or computer reference system to find a book, and then check it out.
- Read a book that has been approved by your parent or teacher. Discuss the book with an adult.
- With a friend, develop a skit. Perform it at a Scout meeting, family meeting, or school event.
- Learn the alphabet in sign language. Learn how to sign 10 words.
- With an adult, use the Internet to search for information on a topic of interest to you.
- Watch three television commercials and discuss the information in them with your parent or den leader.
- Read the directions for a new game. Explain to a family member or friend how to play it.
- Learn about "reading" materials for people who have poor vision or who are blind.
- While traveling, make a list of road signs, animals, or license plates that you see.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2015 Edition (BSA Supply No. 33216 - SKU# 620714)
Help with these requirements
| A FREE workbook for Cub Scout Communicating is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- Earning the Cub Scout Communicating Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout is requirement 15 of the Webelos Communicator Activity Badge.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
Related achievements, electives, or other awards
- Wolf Achievement 10d. could be met by completing Cub Scout Communicating Pin requirement 5
- Wolf Electives
- Wolf Elective 1c. could be met while completing Cub Scout Communicating Pin requirement 7
- Bear Achievement 4c. could be met by completing Cub Scout Communicating Pin requirement 5
- Bear Achievement 17d. could be met by completing Cub Scout Communicating Pin requirement 8
- Bear Achievement 18b. could be partially met by completing Cub Scout Communicating Belt Loop requirement 2
- Bear Electives
- Bear Elective 16c. could be met by completing Cub Scout Communicating Pin requirement 5
- Communicator Activity Badge requirement 15 (earn the Cub Scout Communicating Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)