Cub Scout Citizenship
Belt Loop and Pin
Citizenship Academics Belt Loop
|The Cub Scout Citizenship Belt Loop is an option for the Webelos Citizen activity badge.|
|The Cub Scout Citizenship Belt Loop and Pin help prepare Scouts for the Boy Scout Citizenship in the Community, Citizenship in the Nation, and Citizenship in the World Merit Badges.|
The Cub Scout Citizenship belt loop and pin are a part of the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program. Tiger Cub, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Scouts may earn this award in a Family, Den, Pack, school, or community setting. Tiger Cubs must be always accompanied by their Adult partner.
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Develop a list of jobs you can do around the home. Chart your progress for one week.
- Make a poster showing things that you can do to be a good citizen.
- Participate in a family, den, or school service project.
Academics Pin Requirements
Earn the Citizenship belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Interview someone who has become a naturalized citizen. Give a report of your interview to your den or family.
- Write a letter to your newspaper about an issue that concerns you.
- Create a collage about America.
- Conduct a home safety or energy audit and inspect your home. Talk with your parent or adult partner about correcting any problems you find. Included in the Cub Scout Citizenship Worksheet
- Visit your local site of government. Interview someone who is involved with the governmental process.
- Visit a court room and talk with someone who works there.
- Go to the polls with your parents when they vote. Talk to them about their choices.
- Take part in a parade with your den or pack.
- List ways you can recycle various materials and conserve and protect the environment.
- Attend a community event or visit a landmark in your community.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2003 Edition (BSA Supply No. 34299)
Help with these requirements
| A FREE workbook for Cub Scout Citizenship is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
Pin Req #4: The home safety & energy audits are the last pages of the Cub Scout Citizenship Worksheet
- Earning the Cub Scout Citizenship Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout is requirement 8 of the Webelos Citizen Activity Badge.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
Related achievements, electives, or other awards
- Tiger Cub Scout
- Tiger Cub Electives
- Tiger Elective 47. Learn and recycle for Cub Scout Citizenship Pin requirement #9
- Tiger Elective 49. Visit a government office for Cub Scout Citizenship Pin requirement #5
- Wolf Achievement 4e. could be partially met by Cub Scout Citizenship Belt Loop requirement 1
- Wolf Achievement 4f. could be met while completing Cub Scout Citizenship Pin requirements 5, 6, 7, or 10
- Wolf Achievement 9b. and c. could be partially met while completing Cub Scout Citizenship Pin requirement 4
- Wolf Electives
- Wolf Elective 12f. could be completed while completing Cub Scout Citizenship Belt Loop requirement 2
- Bear Achievement 3d. might be met by completing Cub Scout Citizenship Belt Loop/Pin requirement 5
- Bear Achievement 7b. might be met by completing Cub Scout Citizenship Belt Loop/Pin requirement 5
- Citizen Activity Badge requirement 8. (earn the Cub Scout Citizenship Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)