Cub Scout Chess Belt Loop & Pin resources include the Cub Scout Chess Worksheet
with cross-references for related Cub Scout Tiger, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos requirements. Cub Scout Chess is great for a Game Nightt! ◄ Prev - Next ►
|| The Cub Scout Chess Belt Loop is an option for the Webelos Scholar activity badge.
Template:Cub Scout Academics and Sports introduction
Belt Loop and Pin
Chess Academics Belt Loop
Chess Academics Pin(line drawing, actual pins are color)
Cub Scout Chess requirements
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Identify the chess pieces and set up a chess board for play.
- Demonstrate the moves of each chess piece to your den leader or adult partner.
- Play a game of chess.
Academics Pin Requirements
Earn the Chess belt loop, and complete 5 of the following requirements:
- Demonstrate basic opening principles (such as development of pieces, control center, castle, don't bring queen out too early, don't move same piece twice).
- Visit a chess tournament and tell your den about it.
- Participate in a pack, school, or community chess tournament.
- Solve a pre-specified chess problem (e.g., "White to move and mate in three") given to you by your adult partner.
- Play five games of chess.
- Play 10 chess games via computer or on the Internet.
- Read about a famous chess player.
- Describe U.S. Chess Federation ratings for chess players.
- Learn to write chess notation and record a game with another Scout.
- Present a report about the history of chess to your den or family.
|| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2015 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #620714)
The text of these requirements may be locked. In that case, they can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.
Template:Cub Scout Academics and Sports notes
- Earning the Cub Scout Chess Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout is requirement 8 of the Webelos Scholar Activity Badge.
Template:Cub Scout Academics and Sports Requirement resources
- Wolf Cub Scout
- Achievement 10g could be met by completing Cub Scout Chess Belt Loop requirement 3 or Cub Scout Chess Pin requirement 5
- Bear Cub Scout
- Achievements 15b. and 15c. could be met by completing Cub Scout Chess Belt Loop requirement 3 or Cub Scout Chess Pin requirement 5
- Webelos Scout
- Scholar Activity Badge requirement 8 (earn the Cub Scout Chess Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)
- Hobby Awards