Cub Scout Bowling
Belt Loop and Pin
Bowling Sports Belt Loop
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- 1. Explain to your leader or adult partner the rules of courtesy and safety for bowling.
- 2. Show how to pick out a ball of proper weight and with finger holes that fit your hand.
- 3. Play a complete game with your family or den.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Bowling belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- 1. Give a brief history of the sport of bowling.
- 2. Define the following terms: strike, spare, split, miss, and foul. Show their symbols for scoring.
- 3. Demonstrate proper stance, delivery, balance, and follow-through to your leader or adult partner.
- 4. Try different types of delivery and hand positions and see which work best for you.
- 5. Score a complete game using a score sheet and the proper symbols.
- 6. Play at least four games and chart your progress. Figure out your average score.
- 7. Compete in a Scout, family, school, or community bowling tournament.
- 8. Take bowling lessons.
- 9. Attend a parent, high school, college, or professional bowling competition.
- 10. Visit a bowling alley and learn about the care and maintenance of the bowling lanes, pins, and racks.
Webelos Scouts that earn the Bowling Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout also satisfy part of requirement 3 for the Sportsman Activity Badge.