Cub Scout Bicycling
12makoto (Talk | contribs)
(Added page for Cub Scouts Bicycling belt loop and sports pin)
Next diff →
Revision as of 18:25, December 10, 2007
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- 1. Explain the rules of safe bicycling to your den leader or adult partner.
- 2. Demonstrate how to wear the proper safety equipment for bicycling.
- 3. Show how to ride a bike safely. Ride for at least half an hour with an adult partner, your family, or den.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Bicycling belt loop, and complete requirement 1 below, and so four more of the following requirements:
- 1. Make a chart to record at least 10 hours of bicycling. (Required)
- 2. Participate in a pack, den, or community bike rodeo.
- 3. Demonstrate how to repair a flat tire on a bicycle.
- 4. Make a poster illustrating different types of early bikes and show it to your den.
- 5. Give a demonstration to your den or pack on the proper use of safety equipment and gear.
- 6. With the help of a parent or adult partner, register or reregister your bicycle.
- 7. Go on a "bicycle hike" with your family or den. Obey traffic rules related to bicycling.
- 8. Repair or restore a nonfunctioning bicycle to a safe condition. Include the installation of all proper safety devices.
- 9. Visit a bicycle race or exhibition.
- 10. Help set up a bike rodeo or bike competition for your pack.
Webelos Scouts that earn the Basketball Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout also satisfy part of requirement 3 for the Sportsman Activity Badge.