Cub Scout Baseball
Belt Loop and Pin
Baseball Sports Belt Loop
The Cub Scout Baseball belt loop and pin are a part of the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program. Tiger Cub, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Scouts may earn this award in a Family, Den, Pack, school, or community setting. Tiger Cubs must be always accompanied by their Adult partner.
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of baseball to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing baseball skills.
- Participate in a baseball game.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Baseball belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Participate in a pack or community baseball tournament.
- Demonstrate skill in two of the following throwing techniques: overhand, sidearm, underhand, and the relay throw.
- Demonstrate skill in two of the following catching techniques: fielding a ground ball, fielding a pop-up, catching a line drive.
- Demonstrate correct pitching techniques.
- Demonstrate correct hitting techniques, including bunting.
- Explain the rules of base running. Explain base coaching signals.
- Demonstrate skill in the following sliding techniques: the straight-in slide, the hook slide, and the headfirst slide.
- Play five games of baseball using standard baseball rules.
- Draw a baseball field to scale or set one up for play.
- Attend a high school, college, or professional baseball game.
- Read a book about a baseball player and give a report about him or her to your den or family.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2003 Edition (BSA Supply No. 34299)
Help with these requirements
| A FREE workbook for Cub Scout Baseball is available here! |
with the maps, charts, links, diagrams, and checklists you need!
|meritbadge.org has PDF and DOC versions of|
Boy Scout merit badge workbooks,
Webelos workbooks, and Cub Scout workbooks.
- Earning the Cub Scout Baseball Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout is an option for requirement 3 of the Webelos Sportsman Activity Badge.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
Related achievements, electives, or other awards
- Achievement 3G could be met by completing Belt Loop requirement 1 and Pin requirement 10
- Tiger Cub Electives
- Elective 35 could be met by completing Belt Loop requirement 3 or Pin requirement 1
- Achievement 1a. could be met by completing Baseball Pin requirement 2
- Wolf Electives
- Elective 20l. and part of 20o. could be met by completing Belt Loop requirement 3 or Pin requirement 1
- Achievement 15b. could be met while completing Belt Loop requirement 3 or Pin requirement 1
- Achievement 23a. could be partially met by completing Belt Loop requirement 1
- Achievement 23c. could be partially met by completing Belt Loop requirement 3
- Achievement 23e. could be met by completing Pin requirement 10
- Bear Electives
- Elective 20f. could be met by earning the Baseball Pin
- Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 4 (earn the Baseball Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)