Belt Loop and Pin
Badminton Sports Belt Loop
Badminton Sports Pin(line drawing, actual pins are color)
|| The Cub Scout Badminton Belt Loop is an option for the Webelos Sportsman activity badge.
The Cub Scout Badminton belt loop and pin are a part of the Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program.
Tiger Cub, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Scouts may earn this award in a Family, Den, Pack, school, or community setting. Tiger Cubs must be always accompanied by their Adult partner.
Cub Scout Badminton requirements
Belt Loop Requirements
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of badminton to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing badminton skills.
- Participate in a badminton game.
Sports Pin Requirements
Earn the Badminton belt loop, and complete five of the following requirements:
- Compete in a pack or community badminton tournament.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of the use and care of the equipment needed to play badminton: shuttlecock (shuttle or bird), racket, court, net, and comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Demonstrate skill in the following grip techniques: forehand and backhand.
- Spend at least 60 minutes practicing to develop skills for shots and strokes (clear, drive, drop, and smash). Keep track of your time on a chart.
- Demonstrate skill in the following: hit the shuttle using forehand or backhand; hit the shuttle, alternating forehand and backhand; hit the shuttle against the wall with a forehand or backhand; hit the shuttle against the wall, alternating forehand and backhand.
- Accurately lay out a badminton court, including net and lines.
- Play five games of badminton.
- Participate in a badminton skills development clinic.
- Play at least three games during which you make your own foul calls effectively to your leader's satisfaction.
|| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Cub Scout Academics and Sports Program Guide, 2015 Edition (BSA Supply No. 33216 - SKU# 620714)
The text of these requirements is locked and can only be edited by an administrator.
Please note any errors found in the above requirements on this article's Talk Page.
- Details on earning a Cub Scout Sports or Academic pin or belt loop multiple times
- Bear Cub Scout
- 15. Games, Games Games! Badminton is an option.
- Bear Electives
- Elective 20f. would be met by earning the Cub Scout Badminton Pin while a Bear Cub Scout
- Webelos Scout
- Sportsman Activity Badge requirement 3. (earn the Cub Scout Badminton Belt Loop while a Webelos Scout)