Officers include the: Crew President, VP-Administration, VP-Program, Crew Secretary, and Crew Treasurer.
| This is the Crew Secretary youth Venturing position of responsibility. |
For the adult position on a troop, team or crew committee, see Unit Secretary.
|Serving as Crew Secretary can apply towards Positions of Responsibility requirementss for Star, Life, and Eagle.|
The Crew Secretary serves as the record-keeping youth leader of the crew, he or she is elected by the youth members, and is responsible for attendance records, written correspondence, records, and minutes showing decisions, plans and publicity.
The Crew Secretary is elected by the youth members and is the record-keeping youth leader of the crew. He or she is responsible for the communication that needs to be put into writing – correspondence, publicity, records, and minutes showing officer decisions, actions and plans.
He or she reminds the crew officers of agreed-upon decisions and important items in behalf of the crew. The secretary helps the Vice President - Program with publishing schedules and newsletters; organizes a telephone network amount crew members; handles publicity trough school or community newspapers, newsletters, radio, television, speakers, bulletin boars, and other media.
The secretary can enlist the help of other crew members, and may have an adult crew committee member assigned to assist the secretary.
- Serves as the communications officer and, in that position, manages all communications and publicity for the crew.
- Maintains crew membership and attendance records.
- Handles crew correspondence and minutes.
- Coordinates crew publicity through local media, crew newsletters, and the crew's telephone network.
- Sets an example by following the rules of the crew.
- Wears the uniform appropriate to the Venturing crew.
- Learns and lives by the Venturing Oath and the Venturing Code.
- Approaches Venturing in the spirit of fun, and spreads this spirit in the publicity and communications of the crew.
As a Crew Officer:
- Fosters and develops an environment within the crew that has a true sense of community, that encourages growth and responsibility to one another.
- Works in a spirit of partnership with the Crew Advisor.
- Assists in developing a program of activities for the crew help carry them out.
- Upholds the standards and policies of the chartered organization and the Boy Scouts of America.
- Ensures that activities are conducted within BSA safety guidelines and requirements.
- Cultivates the capacity to enjoy life - have fun and explore while leading.
The Crew Secretary is the record-keeping youth leader in its unit. Other record-keeping youth leaders are:
- Scribe - Boy Scouting
- Team Secretary - Varsity Scouting
- Crew Secretary - Venturing
- Yeoman - Sea Scouting
- Secretary - Exploring
- Positions of Responsibility
- Venturing Gold Award
- Venturing Silver Award
- Star Rank
- Life Rank
- Eagle Scout Rank