| Crew Quartermaster
The Crew Quartermaster is a special crew officer that keeps track of crew equipment and sees that it is in good working order. He/she issues equipment and makes sure it is returned in good condition.
- Keeps records on crew equipment.
- Makes sure equipment is in good working condition.
- Issues equipment and makes sure it is returned in good condition.
- Makes suggestions for new or replacement items.
- Works with the crew committee member responsible for equipment.
- Sets a good example.
- Wears the uniform appropriate to the Venturing crew.
- Learns and lives by the Venturing Oath and the Venturing Code.
- Approaches Venturing in the spirit of fun, and seeks to reflect this spirit in the individual mentoring of new Venturers.
As a special crew officer:
- Foster and develop an environment within the crew that has a true sense of community, that encourages growth and responsibility to one another.
- Work in a spirit of partnership with the Crew Advisor.
- Assist in developing a program of activities for the crew help carry them out.
- Uphold the standards and policies of the chartered organization and the Boy Scouts of America.
- Ensure that activities are conducted within BSA safety guidelines and requirements.
- Cultivate the capacity to enjoy life - have fun and explore while leading.
The Crew Quartermaster is the equipment manager youth leader in its unit. Other equipment manager youth leaders are: