(→Responsibilities: special crew officer)
|Line 51:||Line 51:|
Revision as of 10:36, December 5, 2008
|Serving as Crew Quartermaster can apply towards Positions of Responsibility requirementss for Star, Life, and Eagle.|
The Crew Quartermaster is a special crew officer that keeps track of crew equipment and sees that it is in good working order. He/she issues equipment and makes sure it is returned in good condition.
- Keeps records on crew equipment.
- Makes sure equipment is in good working condition.
- Issues equipment and makes sure it is returned in good condition.
- Makes suggestions for new or replacement items.
- Works with the crew committee member responsible for equipment.
- Sets a good example.
- Wears the uniform appropriate to the Venturing crew.
- Learns and lives by the Venturing Oath and the Venturing Code.
- Approaches Venturing in the spirit of fun, and seeks to reflect this spirit in the individual mentoring of new Venturers.
As a special crew officer:
- Foster and develop an environment within the crew that has a true sense of community, that encourages growth and responsibility to one another.
- Work in a spirit of partnership with the Crew Advisor.
- Assist in developing a program of activities for the crew help carry them out.
- Uphold the standards and policies of the chartered organization and the Boy Scouts of America.
- Ensure that activities are conducted within BSA safety guidelines and requirements.
- Cultivate the capacity to enjoy life - have fun and explore while leading.
The Crew Quartermaster is the equipment manager youth leader in its unit. Other equipment manager youth leaders are:
- Quartermaster - Boy Scouting and Varsity Scouting (sometimes called Team Equipment Manager)
- Crew Quartermaster - Venturing
- Storekeeper - Sea Scouting
- Positions of Responsibility
- Venturing Gold Award
- Venturing Silver Award
- Star Rank
- Life Rank
- Eagle Scout Rank